A Delightful Tedium

Delightfulious Tediounium

My Photo
Name:
Location: Burbank, CA

I'm bringing back flesh colored eyes!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Teen Titans Character Profile: Thelma


No trip to Warner Bros. Animation would be complete without a sassy sweet greeting from the front desk receptionist, Thelma. But here's a little inside info that many people may not know about our own loving Thelma...

When Pam the waitress (see Teen Titans episode: Betrayal), turned evil and went to work as the head lunch lady at the HIVE academy (see Teen Titans episode: Deception), the owner of Ben's Bacon Bar and Grill was in a tight spot. Pam is obviously working for Slade and the HIVE from day one, I mean look at her enormous pink BEE HIVE hairdo! It's a dead give away. So anyway, two years later, a customer who actually wants to order food (not just drink and shoot pool, badly) actually comes to the restaurant, and actually wants a waitress to take his order! Well, here's where the owner of Ben's calls in a favor with good ol' Thelma! Thelma shows up, serves Beast Boy his pie, and is back to the WB by the next morning! God bless Thelma! She's saved the day again.
Screen grabs blatantly stolen, I mean, lovingly borrowed from Titansgo.net.

And there's your Teen Titans insider info on this wonderful President's Day 2006. Thelma accepts all fan mail at C/O Warner Bros. Animation.

15 Comments:

Blogger Alicia "Kaden" Guy said...

haha thats great. What a great worker. I mean moonlighting at Ben's. Such wonderful work ethic that Thelma.

Thanks for posting this hilarious bit (never noticed the evil Pam waitress in Deception lol)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Tony C said...

Feewwww.
When I first saw the pic of Thelma I thought something bad happened to her. But no, just a shout. Thank god, the world needs Thelma!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Señor Chips said...

She's the only element of the WB I truly miss. Oh yeah, I also miss the stress.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Ben Jones said...

She looks like a movie star!

1:28 AM  
Blogger theappleearthen said...

Gah? I never watched Deception... I'm waiting for MArch when they will show it. I'll look out for the evil lunch lady!

1:40 AM  
Blogger theappleearthen said...

Thelma... from receptionist to waitress, what a woman.

1:41 AM  
Blogger PotatoFarmGirl said...

Thelma is awesome and so nice!

1:56 AM  
Blogger Jay D Smith said...

heh, funny stuff!

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam the evil waitress. I wondered what happened to her.
Thelma, good ol' Thelma. What would the world be like without Thelma? :)

(On a slightly off-topic note: TWO YEARS?!?
Wow, my guess wasn't as far off as I thought it'd be. That made my inner fangirlbratthing squeal with delight. Like, whoah.)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Michael Chang said...

True story, I was there. Saw the whole shebang go down. It was like totally awsome. mmmm. pie.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Michael Chang said...

ps. Cool blog Derrik, good to the see the Titans guys keepin' busy.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Derrick J. Wyatt said...

Hey Mike! Great to see you're still keeping busy too.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Brandon Vietti said...

So it's official! Thelma is now TM and © Warner Brothers Animation. Can't wait for the Thelma action figure!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Derrick J. Wyatt said...

Technically, anything created in Titans is owned by DC comics. So pretty much the whole crew, myself and Thelma included, is TM and © DC Comics. Let's see any Marvel fan top that!

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY THELMA!!!!!!!!
P.S.It makes me sooooo MAD&INSANE Betrayal is the only episode i haven't fully seen grrrrr....

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home