A Delightful Tedium

Delightfulious Tediounium

My Photo
Name:
Location: Burbank, CA

I'm bringing back flesh colored eyes!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

More than meets the eye!


News from Seibertron.com:

"Entertainment Rights (ER) has secured rights to the new Transformers animated television series from toy giant Hasbro, as well as agreeing a raft of international deals for its key properties following MipTV.

ER now has worldwide (excluding Latin America, North America and certain Asian territories) TV and video-on-demand distribution rights to Transformers (26x30') plus a 70-minute Transformers special. ER now represents four seasons of the show, totaling 154 episodes.

The new series has a good deal of talent onboard, including Sam Register, exec producer of Ben 10, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi and Teen Titans; Vincent Aniceto, line producer (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Power Puff Girls); and Marty Isenberg, head writer (Danny Phantom, A.T.O.M., X-Men, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). In addition, Derrick Wyatt, character designer for smash hit Teen Titans, will take the role of lead designer.

The new 2D style that will be the show's trademark harks back to the original 20-year-old cartoon, but according to ER, the new Transformers has a different audience in mind." -C21 Media

You can read the original announcement here:

C21 Media

17 Comments:

Blogger Lamar The Revenger said...

you know i've been home all day and i haven't even hit the seibertron website. Way to go DERRICK!!!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Congratulations!

Are you done with the Legion designs or are you sticking around for season 2?

5:47 PM  
Blogger Derrick J. Wyatt said...

Unfortunately no Legion season 2 for me. I'm dying to see the stuff though, I hear big changes are gong on!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Natalie Butler said...

Wow! Nice! Congrads!

I'm so excited for you! I really would love to work as an animator for this show! Can't wait to see your work with this come to life!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Chris Battle said...

Oh, Derrick.... you dirty robo-cocktease. ;) You're just as bad as Ben with the miniature LEGION Quicktimes.

10:17 PM  
Blogger WIL BRANCA said...

Yes, your robo-cock IS dirty.

CONGRATULATIONS anyway!

Now maybe I'll have a reason to start watching cartoons again...

9:32 AM  
Blogger John Slaughter said...

So when do we get to see teaser art, Mr. lead designer?

3:20 PM  
Blogger Derrick J. Wyatt said...

Not for a little while yet, I guess. I'll put some up as soon as I get an okay from the powers that be.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Lamar The Revenger said...

HEY! are those your designs on seibertron.com? WHADA.... I'm about to go bathroom in my shorts! Missed you at gabe's wedding....

10:38 AM  
Blogger Karaoke Ninja said...

I dig your Optimus Prime, even if the fanboys are up in arms.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Lamar The Revenger said...

I don't give a poop about what people are sayin' on seibertron.com. love the designs! and I'll ask again - is Bulkhead a little plsy on the design of Crunch from Mighty Orbots? if so, freakin' GREAT!!!!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore the designs, they are a breath of fresh air in terms of Transformers and it's various animated incarnations.

4:41 AM  
Blogger PotatoFarmGirl said...

Yay! It's going to be good, it has purdy animation!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Derrick J. Wyatt said...

Purdy animation of Brianne's cat!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'm a huge TF fan, and seriously dig these new designs. I was getting soo tired of poorly dubbed anime transformers! ^_^

Any chance we could get a peek at some concept art for your TF work?

12:31 PM  
Blogger PotatoFarmGirl said...

When the episode gets released, I am making a video with the "Numa Numa" song, using Imovie fx. It's going 2 b the best evr!

3:55 AM  
Blogger John Slaughter said...

New Transformers Promo Art

Awesome, that is so Derrick J. Wyatt style there.

=)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home